Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some things I've learned from moving.

1) Get rid of your crap. - I've lived in the same place for 20+ years.  The amount of crap you can accumulate in that period is unbelievable.

2) Know where your stuff is. - I've managed to acquire multiple instances things no one will ever need more than one of; 3 offset screwdrivers, 4 sets of jeweler's files, 2 popcorn popers and I don't know how many nut drivers of various sizes.  I wound up in this situation by needing an item and not knowing where it was and simply buying a new one.

3)Live out of boxes. - Rounding up the boxes and putting my shit in them has been one of the more difficult parts of this move.

I don't know how this is going to turn out financially, selling my crap versus the expense of having it hauled may end up costing me money or leaving some extra in my pocket.  I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment